Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Week of School

This week did not go as planned.  We all came down with the stomach flu - first the kids, then the parents.  We did listen to lots of audio books including Treasure Island, The Silver Chair and the Last Battle.  Gabe managed to do his reading lessons and Lily got started on her math for the year.  Everyone started on a family history project after we read the Introduction and first chapter of Story of the World Vol. 1.  Lily and Gabe have also immersed themselves in books from the library about prehistoric peoples and ancient Egypt.  They also all completed a Who Am I? worksheet.  John's answers are hilarious!

Lily and Gabe both attended a free Judo class to determine whether this would be a good activity for the school year.  Gabe came home really excited and showed me some awesome somersaults and he even took down Daddy using his weight against him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Jaime,
What a week you had! I am sorry to hear that your whole family caught the flu bug. That was no fun! I hope that you are all back to health now and enjoying a better week.

I am amazed that you still managed to get a start on some of the Ancient History studies. I look forward to reading John's "Who Am I?" answers. :0)


How impressive that Gabe took down his Dad using his body weight after just one Judo class! I am going to be scared to come for visit in November (just kidding!). It is exciting that Gabe enjoyed the class so much. What did Lily think of it? Is she considering Judo too or did she just go along for the experience?

I am very impressed by your blog!
I will have to learn how to add the side blocks. The way you have Lily's current reading on the side is a wonderful feature.

What beautiful postings of Lily, Gabe, and John's learning. That was quite the spider your children found! I like the turtle photos from the summer.

I hope you are enjoying your week!

Karyn